Batu is a city located in the East Java province. Batu located 294km from Denpasar (Bali), 80km from Surabaya, and 674km from Jakarta. There are a lot of option to get to Batu. Below are the list of options available.
- From Jakarta: There are some flights a day that serves the Jakarta – Malang route. The estimated flight duration is 1 hour and 30 minutes. Jakarta have 2 airport, Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) and Halim Perdana Kusuma Airport (HLP).
- From Denpasar / Bali: There is only one flight from Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport to Malang airport. The estimated flight duration is 1 hour.
From Malang to Batu by taxi
For those who choose taxi as their transportation, taxi in Malang applies minimum charged of IDR 30.000. Below are some taxi phone number in Malang:
|Citra||:||+62 341 404040|
|Mandala||:||+62 341 474747|
|Bima||:||+62 341 717171|
|Argo||:||+62 341 488888|
From Malang to Batu by public transportation
Regular shuttle buses and pink public minivans ply the route, departing from Malang's Landung Sari bus terminal.
As mentioned above, there are lots of options to get to Surabaya. Below is the list of options to go to Surabaya.
- From Jakarta: There are more than 52 flights a day that serves the CGK (Soekarno-Hatta International Airport) – Surabaya route. Almost all Indonesian carriers serves this route. However, please make sure that you depart from CGK/Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, so that you don’t have to change airports when arriving from an international flight.
- From Denpasar / Bali: From Denpasar / Bali, there are more than 10 flights to Surabaya. However, please pay attention to the available days, as it is not always available everyday.
- From Kuala Lumpur: From Kuala Lumpur, there are around 7 flights to Surabaya. However, please pay attention to the available days, as it is not always available everyday.
- From Singapore: From Singapore there are a lot of option to go to Surabaya. However, please pay attention to the available days, as it is not always available everyday.
For complete flight schedule to go to Surabaya, please check in airline carrier site
From Surabaya directly to Batu
For those coming in from Surabaya are not recommended to pass through Malang; the best way is using Taxi through the ring road at Singosari [find a major three-way junction on your right - it is called "Bentoel"/"Karanglo" junction]. Turn right and keep driving until reach Karangploso, where you will see another major intersection. To reach SIET conference venue take a left turn and follow the road signs to Batu.
From Surabaya to Batu via Malang
If you like option to go to Malang by bus, the routes are always available everyday start from 5am to 12pm. Notes:
- For inter-city routes within Jawa Timur province
If you would like to go to Malang by using intercity bus routes (from other city within Jawa Timur province), you will be charged the minimum rates at IDR 18,000.
- From inter-city inter-province routes
If you would like to go to Malang by using inter-city inter-province bus routes (from other city other province), you will be charged the minimum rates at IDR 150,000.
The other option to go to Malang from Surabaya is by train, which has around 9 routes available. However, please pay attention to the available days, as it is not always available everyday.
After arive in Malang then go to Batu using taxi or regular shuttle buses and pink public minivans